Things You Should Always Move Yourself
It is impossible to think of everything in a move so let us help! Here are some things you should always move yourself instead of of having the moving team do it:
- Jewelry can get lost or damaged during a move. Because it’s small, it can shift and get stuck in corners or slip through cracks. Secure and pack jewelry in a separate box.
- Don’t move cash, checks, credit cards and the like in a dresser. You’ll want to keep money with you rather than loading it onto a moving van.
- Books, CDs, DVDs are too heavy to stay in the drawers. They may shift during the move and damage your dresser.
- Remove valuable papers from your dresser. Carry them with you rather than loading them in a van.
- Anything that can shift, such as desk supplies, cosmetics or other small items should be packed securely in boxes.